SMSF Wind Up
Use Cleardocs to wind up your SMSF. Winding up an SMSF can be a complex process, with all the paperwork and administration involved. The Cleardocs package makes it easy and ensures you comply with all superannuation law requirements. You will receive all the documents you need and clear guidance on the steps you need to take to close your SMSF.
You can use this product even if the SMSF doesn't have a Cleardocs deed.
Time taken to complete 10 minutes.
Cost $ 77.00 (inc GST)
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What documents are included in the SMSF Wind Up product?
The Cleardocs SMSF Wind Up product includes:
- minutes or resolutions of the trustee(s) or director(s) of the corporate trustee (as needed by your particular SMSF);
- consents by the members and the employer-sponsor (if your fund has one);
- notices to various parties, including the ATO; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining the steps involved in winding up the fund.
What information do you need to order the SMSF Wind Up product through Cleardocs?
You can download our checklist of the information required to order the Cleardocs SMSF Wind Up product.
Cleardocs deed not required
To use the Cleardocs SMSF Wind Up product, an SMSF does not require a Cleardocs deed.
If the fund does not have a Cleardocs deed in place, you should review the deed to ensure that the minutes or resolutions are consistent with the procedures set out in the deed for winding up. These procedures may require documents not included in the Cleardocs SMSF Wind Up product. If you are unsure, you should obtain your own legal, financial and accounting advice — Cleardocs cannot give you that advice.
Do I need minutes or resolutions?
The Cleardocs SMSF Wind Up product recognises that trustees of SMSFs can make decisions as follows:
|Individual trustees||at meetings (i.e. documented as minutes)|
|Corporate trustee — 2 or more directors||
|Corporate trustee — 1 director||by the sole director signing a set of resolutions|
The Cleardocs product lets you choose the option which is most suitable for your particular SMSF.
Seek legal advice
The SMSF Wind Up product information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always obtain your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- Can be used by an SMSF with or without a Cleardocs trust deed
- Easy-to-use question interface with help icons for guidance
- Pre-population of SMSF details from earlier Cleardocs orders — saving you time
- Includes copy function for address details — saving you typing
- Extensive online help and local phone support